[TowerTalk] Plastic Owls

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 18:42:16 -0700

>Checked out the tower install at W6OLD and noted the plastic owl. Anyone have
>any experience using these things? Are they effective keeping the birds off
>the hardware?

As the owner of the owl in question, I can say for a fact it does NOT work
on ALL birds!

Since the tower has never been up without the owl, I don't know if there
would be more birds on it without it, but there are plenty of small birds
that seem to totally ignore the owl.  Mostly of the small songbird variety.

73, Dick (the antenna party begins on http://www.qsl.net/w6old/antenna.html

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/