[TowerTalk] F12 ZR3

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:06:44 EDT

In a message dated 98-08-17 09:54:00 EDT, TELLAM@mccarthy.ca writes:

> I am in the process of ordering(as soon as our $ recovers) a ZR3 from
>  F12 for a low profile application(roof of a six floor complex). Tom has
>  sent me all the specs on the ZR3 plus some jpgs and it appears it will
>  work quite well. I would be interested in comments from anyone using a
>  ZR3, especially from an elevaed installation(F12 recommeds ground
>  mounting)

      I haven't personally used one but it is THE BEST 'ground' mounted
restricted space antenna in existence. It's full-sized, uses no traps, is
about 95% efficient, really doesn't need ground radials and will run circles
around any other vertical. Period. If I was in a situation where a 'vertical'
was all I could use, I'd buy one in a New York second.

Cheers,   Steve K7LXC
I'm not a Force 12 dealer.