[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Tribander/Wire antenna catagory

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 15:12:55 -0400

At 01:55 PM 8/19/98 EDT, Steve wrote:

>In a message dated 98-08-19 13:28:28 EDT, N5okr@aol.com writes:
>
><< Your comparison to auto racing is very appropriate in this case, but I
have
> to vote the other way. Using your analogy, the monobander on 20M
> would give Tom the equivalent advantage of nitrous injection in one gear.
>  >>

>       Huh? But a KT34XA/TH7/etc. is okay?

TH-7 yes, but we gotta ban them KT34XAs   ;^}

Actually, if you really want to test the premise, try the new Force 12
C31XR tribander, with as many as 7 active elements (10M) and no traps.
>From the specs, it will play as well as many monobanders.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia

NSI# 1,000,048	NQRPI# 1,000,004