[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:19:23 -0400 (EDT)

>On Wed, 19 Aug 1998 03:23:36 -0400 (EDT) w7ni@teleport.com (Stan
>Griffiths) writes:
>
>>If I were a PE with some spare time on my hands, I would calculate a
>>few
>>configurations not in the Rohn book and offer them for sale.
>
>I'm not a PE/ME, but I am a EE. I've tried to reverse engineer some of
>the Rohn configurations in their catalog without any success. I would
>like to see one set of Rohn engineering calculations to see how they
>did the math, and what safety factors were applied. If anyone has
>access to a set of these calculations, either commercial or amateur,
>I sure would like to obtain a set, as a starting point for a
>math model.
>
>Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
>San Diego, CA
>K6LL@juno.com

Hi Dave,

I have never seen a copy of any of Rohn's calculations either.  If we could
just get a good example of exactly how the calculations are done, this would
be a great start on writing a program to do it.  Of course, if we are ever
successful at this, how will Rohn ever be able to charge $5000 (plus $300 an
hour) to make these calculations again?  I wouldn't expect much cooperation
from Rohn on this project . . . :-)

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com