[TowerTalk] Towers aint for birds

Michael Lamb n7ml@imt.net
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 15:16:06 -0600

----------
From: 	James P. Cassidy[SMTP:107770.3462@compuserve.com]
Sent: 	Wednesday, August 19, 1998 11:27 PM
To: 	TOWERTALK REFLECTOR
Subject: 	[TowerTalk] Towers aint for birds

I have yet to see one dead bird under any of my three towers, but they are sure a nice roost for them.  Like you say Jim, I think it is just another ploy for people wanting to restrict our lives.  Who cares about the truth?  Just another sign of what they can do if no one cares about honesty.  Sort of appropriate to the immediate times I would say.

73/Mike, N7ML

I have heard that complaint before about the bird killing potential of
towers.  Seems to me trees would be just as big a problem for birds.
I have observed that lots of birds seem to congregate on the towers and
yagis at W7RMs large installation.  We have talked about that with Rush in
the past and he has never found any dead birds under the towers.  But on
occaison one will be inside a mast or large boom.   That may be due to the
nesting habits of some of the smaller birds.
I sure hope we don't have an onslaught of anti-tower stuff come from this
info.  Seems like everyone with a specific gripe against all matter of
things will use any small issue they can to beat a drum over.
73 Jim KI7Y