[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs

Guy L. Olinger k2av@qsl.net
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:01:50 GMT

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:15:22 -0400 (EDT), w7ni@teleport.com (Stan
Griffiths) wrote:

>  We create
>part of the problem ourselves by overloading our towers

Part of the problem is that the definition of "overload" seems to be a
proprietary and self-serving definition by one company. Can we get the
definition of overload out in the open?

>and billing the
>crashes to the insurance companies.  If I were an insurance investigator, I
>wouldn't recommend paying on one tenth of the ham antenna and tower crashes
>I have heard about since they are due to dumb errors on the part of the owner.

I couldn't agree more. Like putting up a guyed tower among the trees.
I can certainly understand why one might do it. But one does accept a
common risk by doing so. It's like driving your new car with liability
and no collision. Keep your crystal ball clean

>Stan  w7ni@teleport.com

73, y'all

Guy

Guy L. Olinger