[TowerTalk] 9913 or "BURY'FLEX" Tm

DavisRFinc@aol.com DavisRFinc@aol.com
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:45:36 EDT

<< In a message dated 98-08-19 18:57:30 EDT, you write:

 << Subj:	 Re: [TowerTalk] 9913 coax.
  Date:	98-08-19 18:57:30 EDT
  From:	K7LXC@aol.com
  Sender:	owner-towertalk@contesting.com
  To:	wklinn@hotmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com

  Hi Wally,   I  agree with Steve's comment below.  If you want to use 9913
and then a more flexible cable  for the rotator area, you could use the 9913
as long as you set up the 9913 to spiral upward during crank up (like a
"slinky" with the tower in the middle).  For a little more per foot, you would
relieve any of these concerns, including the spliced rotator loop,  by using
"BURY-FLEX" Tm which I designed to meet three criteria:  Low Loss,
Rugged/abrasive resistant (polyethylene) jacket and buriability, if need be.
It is important to note "if need be" because "BURY-FLEX" Tm is not solely
applicable to buriable applications and does have a longer life than PVC'd RG
213, 8, 9913, etc.  Also, "BURY-FLEX" Tm uses standard N's, UHF's, and
adaptive terminators.   Another ref. to 9913:  I would suggest you obtain a
sample of this equivalent which you mentioned from that supplier, as well as a
sample from us or Wireman, and anyone else, before you make your choice.  The
sample should be at least three feet, and free of charge.   If I can be of any
further help, just let me know.  Any Tower Talkians who wish "BURY-FLEX" Tm
samples are welcome to contact us or The Wireman, Inc.   Cheers,  Steve Davis,
K1PEK
 DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ™ low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE™ aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ™, Heliax™, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)
 "The Triad":   DAVIS RF Co., ORION WIRE CORP and The WIREMAN:	Three types of
expertise, three corporate buying power and customer inter-personal
relationships benefitting all.

 <...Ref: 9913 coax. I am looking at the "cable experts" 9913 equivilient for
 some of my vhf antennas. I use a hygain 70 foot crankup tower, and would
 like to use hardline, but realize it isnt practical. Is 9913 OK to use
 on a crankup these days?? I used a run or two of Belden 9913 years ago
 when it first came out, and seemed to work out well. Wondered if any of
 the specs changed and if it is still OK to use?>

  << Hygain specifically recommends AGAINST 9913 for it's TH11DXX, anybody
   know why? >>

       They recommend against using it for the rotation loop only. That's
  because of the solid inner conductor will break when flexed excessively.

  Cheers, Steve  K7LXC