[TowerTalk] Universal Tower

K0QBE@aol.com K0QBE@aol.com
Sat, 22 Aug 1998 12:46:27 EDT

The sleeves or collars at the base of my Universal Tower have "welded"
themselves to the tower. I would like to insert a 22" straight section at the
bottom and need to remove the sleeve/collars from the 22" tapered  section
currently being used as the bottom section.

Asking around I have received several suggestions, such as using Muriatic acid
or heating the sleeves with a torch while cooling the tower section. What are
the risks? Is this worth the risk? Do any towertalk subscribers have any
experiance with this problem? Are there any better ways to remove the
sleeve/collars?

73,
Jay Bellows, K0QB