[TowerTalk] VHF/UHF verticals

N0OEL@aol.com N0OEL@aol.com
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 22:17:39 EDT

Having tried many of the UHF/VHF antennas I feel almost like an
expert......which I am not.   But I can tell you a lot depends on how far from
repeaters you may be.
In general, I have found that the best bang for the buck and great in all
weather
situations is the Diamond 200-A.   Yes, its not cheap but when you put that
vertical on the top of your tower, usually beyond reach, it pays to pay a few
extra dollars
and get an antenna that is super durable and has outstanding gain.    And its
great in high wind situations.    About 8.5 feet in length and fiberglass.

Good luck.   Pay the extra and you will never be disappointed.
73
Mike
K0BUD