[TowerTalk] Re: Safe Tower Removal

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:13:05 EDT

In a message dated 98-08-24 12:53:37 EDT, k4oj@ij.net writes:

<< I have found a little $9.95 bottle jack from the auto parts store is
 worth its weight in gold when it comes to manipulating tower sections.
 Combine with a few pieces of lumber you can use it to do most anything and
 the sucker is easy to operate...easier than the threaded  edward scissor
 jack. >>

      I've used this technique and it's okay. You have to have safety loops
attached to the tower on everything or else it'll start heading for your
ground crew. There are 3 pieces involved so it's easy to lose your grip on
something. Gaylen, WB0W has some special plates that make this safer and more
effective.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC