[TowerTalk] KLM Problems

rikik@inter.net.il rikik@inter.net.il
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 08:23:15 -0700

Yes Rod, perhaps you do have a less harsh environment.  Also, regarding the KLM
copper paste that has caused so much trouble - it may be that they only supplied
that paste after a certain date, or that the fellow who built your beams was wise
enough to substitute Noalox or Penetrox, etc.  I've also heard it said that in
their earlier years, the fabricated parts in KLM antennas were made to tighter
tolerances. This could explain those KLM antennas that used copper paste and had
no problems. As  I explained before, the corrosion problems that I noted were NOT
apparent between tight fitting telescopic tubes, but only where the looser fitting
manufactured parts (e.g., shorting bars, etc.)  were attached.
73,
Riki, 4X4NJ