[TowerTalk] Corrections to Mismatch Rebutal

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 15:07:13 -1000

>> Wow this is great!  >> So if we were to completely detune our antenna
tuners (to make it
>> reflect more power than the antenna does).  RF would bounce back and
>> forth, gaining power until finally brute force wins out over impedance

Perpetual RF wave motion!!

Sorry about my reciprocal error;  so reflection round trip time is
300 nanoseconds, not 30 nsec;  and bandwidth needed is
270 MHz not 2700!  Anyway,  the mass of inductive reactance
 in the tuner assures that no influence
of the "initial state" reflections will have any impact whatsoever
on the input terminals of the tuner,  and hence the rigs performance.
That's why our HF tuners won't work at VHF!  All that matters
at HF is what happens in milliseconds,  and a bunch of those
at that,  hi.

Be interesting to, at last,  see Walt M's comments on all this.
He is the Master.

As Steve has requested,  enough about this topic.

But Mommy,  I'm right and  he's wrong!! Can't you see that?  wahhhh,  (o:
.

73,  Jim,  KH7M