[TowerTalk] New Ameritron ATR-30 ? -Reply

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:22:56 -1000

-----Original Message-----
From: James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil
<James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil>
To: Return requested (Receipt notification requested)
<morel.grunberg@telrad.co.il>
Cc: Return requested (Receipt notification requested)
<towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 26, 1998 2:22 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] New Ameritron ATR-30 ? -Reply

>I called Ameritron about this.  I was told that, basically, it is a beefed
up
>Vectronics HFT1500 with a selectable peak/average power meter.

Nope,  more than that.  Saw it at Dayton, and know who designed it.
Same fellow who did the new MFJ 259B analyzer,  which is a leap
into the distant future compared to the old 259!  The coming
ATR-30 is a true multi-kW tuner:  tape-edge wound inductor,
and properly engineered components for true operation down
to 160 meters.  Price will be around $600,  and production
should begin in just a few weeks. Final production design
is even just now going through final check out.

73,  Jim, KH7M