[TowerTalk] tower legislation

JimW9WU@aol.com JimW9WU@aol.com
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 13:32:49 EDT

Wally:

I represented  the Northbrook hams in passing the village tower ordinance.
You don't need to show your neighbor anything, but there have been a number of
studies showing that cellular towers have no real effect on property values.
The only ham study I know is quite old from Colorado.

My wife is a realtor, and has sold the house next door to ours twice, each
time for ever greater prices.  (I blame her for our increasing property
taxes).  The house directly across the street from my 80' TriEx with stacked
beams was listed and sold by the XYL for the highest price ever in our
village.

To my knowledge, there are NO documents available to any Appraiser
or Realtor that demonstrate any impact on property value for any ham tower.

73, Jim O'Connell, W9WU  ARRL Volunteer Counsel