[TowerTalk] Question for Force 12 C4 owners

jccrtv@jccrtv.com jccrtv@jccrtv.com
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:51:41 -0500

Can someone who has a C4 please help with a question? Just put one together
and it was a pleasure. Just need to confirm a couple of things: When you
install the alum-o-weld and cable clamp the tuning strap, do you trim the
end of the alum-o-wire that hangs off after it's all installed? After the
cable clamps I have about a foot of alum-o-wire hanging off on each of those
ends. It seems that left untrimmed they would extend the length and lower
the frequency.

How critical was the placement of the tuning straps? I carefully measured
and used what the manual suggested: 5 inches on the reflector and about 12
inches on the driver for about 7.030.

I have nothing to temporarily raise the antenna with until it's up on the
tower on Wednesday. Thanks in advance.

Jim Mulvey - KS1A
Cutchogue, NY