[TowerTalk] coax connectors & penetrox et. al.

Jim Berry basalop@gte.net
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 16:09:18 -0800

It has been a number of years now, but a buddy of mine worked for a 2-way
company.  He (they) would completely fill all connectors with silicon
grease.  Not just a little dab here or there, but really load the connector
full.  I would suggest that one wander into a 2-way shop and ask if they are
still doing that.  Also all connector were "wrench tight".  That means if
you are using S0-239 connectors to get a hold of them with a pair of channel
locks and give them a ream.
This tightning of connectors goes for ones used indoors also.  Many times an
intermod problem (TVI in our case) could be solved simply by making sure the
connector shell was tight.

73 Jim K7SLI