[TowerTalk] LMR1200 FS

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:50:00 -1000

Aloha,

Seems I had to have some LMR1200.  So,  I up and bought
a 175 foot chunk of this colossal stuff:  1.2 inch OD!  I also
paid to have the BIG type N connectors for it installed.

Well,  now that the horses are to take over my antenna
farm area (somebody up and leased this land which
has had nothing on it since the volcano built this island
a while ago)  now I must move antennas  off!  Anyway,  I found
this out just after I had strung the LMR1200 back there and
was about to make it my primary feed back to the
remote coax switch  there.  Now,  I have pulled it
back,  never to have used  it out here on Kauai!!

So,  with about $1K into this cable/connectored
thing,  is there anyone over on the mainland
who could put it to good use?;  obviously the value
to me has disappeared,  other than I just put
a chunk of change into it.  What can I get out of
it?;  and I will pay the UPS 2nd day air fare to
send it off to whoever believes  they can use it,
and pay me,  at least something back from
what I have put into it.

I have no idea what an unused piece of such
exotic cable might be worth,  though it has
been stretched through,  and then back out
of the vines and bushes of Kauai,  hi.

73,  Jim,  KH7M