[TowerTalk] Gem Quads

DavisRFinc@aol.com DavisRFinc@aol.com
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 01:11:47 EST

 Lyn, I don't know the construction of Gem Quads but soft copper shouldn't be
an issue if the quad is built well as the stresses would not be inappropriate
for the wire. This is assuming a proper superstructure, so to speak, and also
the right wire guage size.  The more flexible the better, in my opinion, which
would warrant a multi stranded wire.  I'm making some broad assessments here.
If you can find out what type of spreaders are used and the size/stranding of
the wire, I might be of more help.  I suspect that somebody here can opine on
the Gem Quad more specifically.-
 I found that Gem Quad has a site at http://www.escape.ca/~gemquad/.  I'm sure
you could Email them from their and get more info ref. materials and dealers,
etc.  Happy Holidays, Steve Davis, K1PEK    DAVIS RF Co.
 DAVIS RF Co., commercial wire and cable, custom cable design.  Discounts to
hams.  Heliax, LMR, RFS, Belden, Polyphaser Lightning Protection Devices.
Various aerial wiring and transmission lines.  www.davisRF.com
1-800-328-4773 (800 DAVIS RF).   For all RF hardline related items, please ask
for Steve Davis.   Thank you!

 In a message dated 12/19/98 9:25:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,