[TowerTalk] Measuring Terrain Slope / Elevation

Eric Gustafson n7cl@mmsi.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:59:20 -0700

Well, the high cost idea is correct.  But the post processing
software step is unnecessary.  We locate shovel bucket positions
to an RMS error sphere with a radius of tens of centimeters in
real time.  The GPS data is not the largest source of our error.
But the receiver (even just as an OEM module) costs about $2400.
To that must be addded the cost of the reference station and the
data link to get the differential corrections to the field unit.

73, Eric  N7CL