[TowerTalk] fractal antenna

MAERTZ, A REID amaertz@oppd.com
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 15:49:39 -0600

Greetings and Merry Christmas:

I have researching  fractal antennas for amateur applications.  I see
N1IR had written an article about a ten meter fractal in which he
describes some rather significant qualities of this antenna with respect
to gain and f/b (over 25db!).  All from an antenna (a "quad yagi") of
quite small dimensions. See www.fractenna.com/ham/hampage1.html.

I've looked over half of the TT archives, but haven't found anything
addressing this antenna in them.  Has anyone been doing anything with
this antenna in the amateur arena  that they'd care to share?  At first
glance, it looks like a significant path for antenna innovation with a
lot of potential for those needing reduced size antennas in hf or
application for super gain vhf/uhf antennas could exist.

Reid
W0FVR