[TowerTalk] Mosley Traps and Henry 3ks -- Thanks for replies

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:49:58 -1000

Aloha,

Rcv'd many responses.  Thanks to all,  even those who don't
care for Mosley antennas;  yes,  I heard the talk at Dayton
last May,  hi.  Were the Mosley folks upset -- you bet.  They
requested an opportunity to respond to the speakers points,
no way was that to be allowed!!

Anyway,  I bought the Mosley because it is "beefy";  we have
powerful trades often across this island,  and an occasional
hurricane,  so light weight swinging elements do not last
out here.  There are several beams on the island,  many
are Mosley,  so they work here.  BTW,  have a friend
in California who has a Mosley Pro 67 and a Henry 3k;
with the pair,  has over 315 confirmed since 1995!
Working on 5BDXCC just now,  and well on the way.
With a wire,  has 98 confirmed on 80,  also using the
3K.  And of course,  the big Pacific Contest Station,
KH7R over on Oahu uses,  and has for several years,
Henry 3Ks on all bands except 160.  They each feed
a single band tower with stacked monobanders,  and
work just fine through several multi-multi contests
per year.

Seems Henrys work just fine for some folks,  and Mosley's
also for some of us.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season,  and love your family!!

73 and Mele Kalikimaka from Kauai,

Jim,  KH7M