[TowerTalk] OR-2800

Larry Burke lburke@wt.net
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 09:50:15 -0600

Alberto... I have a similar arrangement to the one you are planning. My two
thrust bearings only handle side to side movement and all the weight rests
on the Orion. The load is:

Mast:           150 lbs
20M monobander: 80  lbs
15M monobander: 60  lbs
10M monobander: 29  lbs

TOTAL:          319 lbs

While this is well under what you are proposing, the rotor turns well. Both
your system and mine are well under the vertical loading capacity of 1800
lbs mentioned in the Orion literature.

Your bigger problem will be what type of rotor shelf to use. I certainly
would NOT use the standard 45G rotor shelf for your installation. Even with
mine there is a noticable bow in the shelf... I wish I had used something else.

Larry WI5A