[TowerTalk] 3 over 3 stack vs 5 elem mono.

Peter Larsen larsenp@cadvision.com
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 18:33:36 +0000

Hi All:
First off I want to thank every one who sent their comments to
my question about the 3/3 stack vs a 5 el mono.
The main consensus was to go with the stack, although one gent
said to go with a 5 over 5 stack. (I wish I could)
So after getting the "real world" view I went to my computer to see
what it though. I used an old (read 386 compatible) copy of MN.
Here is what I came up with.
Using 20 meters as a start. The 3 elem stack at 50 feet and 94 feet.
The 5 elem on 40 foot boom at 72 feet.

                           3 over 3              5 el mono
Forward gain at 5 deg.     9.6 Dbd                8.06Dbd
F/B                       16.87                  13.88
Az. Beam width            64 deg.                54 deg.
Angle of Rad.             12 deg. & 13.69 Dbd    12 deg. & 12.65 Dbd

I picked 5 deg for F/G "Just Because" (no real reason)
It has been a real interesting exercise to do this. Now I will
have to order a 103BA from Hi-Gain to match the one I already have
and rework my 5 elem to be pointed at EU.

As ever any comments should be sent to me.
--
 73 es have fun
 Peter