[TowerTalk] Windloading

Jimmy Weierich kg2au@stny.lrun.com
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:54:59 -0500

On Sun, 27 Dec 1998 00:39:22 Kurt Andress wrote:

snip

>Is there another reflector where it is more appropriate to discuss things
>beyond
>"just doing what the Mfgr says?" Sometimes, what they say is not entirely
>correct
>or complete.
>This falls into the same category as antenna projected areas and safe wind
>speeds.
>
>Someone please point me to the site where these discussions are appropriate.

We all know that many things are possible and safe "outside the box". I
think that most of us know that we should seek professional engineering
advice to determine exactly when, where and how far outside the box we can
go. We also know  that professional help can be a significant percentage of
a tower project.

The knowledge that you (and others here) impart helps us to understand what
options may be possible and which we can eliminate from our thinking -
before we spend money on a professional opinion.

Those who are foolish enough to not seek professional advice when warranted
will do so regardless of anything they read here.

As one who hopes to be in a position to erect a tower in the near future,
the types of discussions you engage in are the reason why I read this
reflector. I don't know of anyplace where they would be more appropriate.

Thank you and please continue!

Jimmy, KG2AU       <kg2au@stny.lrun.com>