[TowerTalk] Rohn and Other Miscreants

Stu Greene wa2moe@doitnow.com
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 16:16:20 -0700

There is a principle of law which is callled "assumption of risk".  As a
lawyer, it seems to me that when someone buys a tower, and I couldn't give
a rat's ass what kind, the buyer intends to erect it or have it erected,
climb it, put antennas on it, and generally use it for the purpose for
which it was bought.

The buyer, I submit, has assumed the risk of overloading, disregard of soil
conditions, prevailing winds and acts of God.  If the tower manufacturer
has disclosed all it knows about its product and has furnished accurate
engineering data to the purchaser and has sold a tower which was without
defects, any honest lawyer and competent judge would conclude that the
manufacturer's liability ended with delivery.

Unfortunately, shysters exist.