[TowerTalk] P E Fees

Glenn n3huv@shore.intercom.net
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 02:58:53 +0000

Something that no one seems to have noticed.  When I buy a tower some
part of the cost is for the R & D. Then I hire a P E to stamp the
manufacture's drawings.  Then I submit the drawings to the county who
tells me that the reason for the high cost of permits is so they can
review the plans to make sure that they comply with all applicable codes
and then inspect the job to make sure that all is the same as the plans
call for.  IMHO I have paid for the same engineering several times.
Individually all quite reasonable but cumulatively not so reasonable.
73, Glenn  N3HUV