No subject

Roger H. Brown x1rbrown@exnet.iastate.edu
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 13:04:54 -0600

>At 18:15 2/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I have a friend moving to an apartment.
>Any other antenna ideas? He should have access to a
>balcony, so wire isn't out of the question, but we can't plan on it.
>=====================================
>Henry,
>What about a Hustler mobile antenna mounted to the balcony with a C
>clamp?

My son, N8YSZ lives in an apartment near DC...the landlords have been
fairly strict regarding antennas. He's had success with "Hamstick" antennas
on several bands...has worked into Africa and Europe on 10 with 100 watts.
This with the 'stick hanging upside-down from a rain gutter. I suggested he
try it after I worked a guy in the Detroit area on 40...he was using a
Hamstick and liked the results.

Certainly there are compromises with mobile antennas...but as my friend
Jim, K0NN says, "whatever works!"

73 de Roger
ND0J

Roger Brown, Video Coordinator, ISU EXtension. 116 Morrill Hall, Ames, IA 50011
email: x1rbrown@exnet.iastate.edu//Ph: 515-294-0702//Fax: 515-294-7767
Amateur Radio ND0J