[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO antennas - psychological factors

John Langdon jlangdon@outer.net
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:22:48 -0600

I think one of the psychological factors leading people to overestimate the
Mosley Pro series is the relatively good performance of the old TA33's and
CL-33's, in that many people simply assume the PRO will be much better than
those two.

Anecdotal evidence suggests it is not a big improvement over them in actual
performance.

However, it's big, it covers a lot of spectrum, and it's mechanically
sound.  If you do the "brochuremanship" exercises it seems like a smart
buy. It looks good.  Once you do all the work to get it up and running,
cognitive dissonance might prevent all but the most empirically rigorous of
us from admitting it that it is not working so well.

But I'd bet that two stacked C3's would win the horserace just about every
time, all else being equal.

73 John N5CQ

K4RO wrote :

If you and Lew McCoy are right about Mosley antennas having negative
gain, then y'all had better *WATCH OUT* when I put up some "real"
antennas.