[TowerTalk] Orion 2800 or Create RC5B-3??

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:34:34 -0800

At 5:04 AM -0800 2/25/98, Rich Hallman N7TR wrote:

>    Time to replace the old T2X on the tower and upgrade to something
>that will turn my 2 Ele 40 Cushcraft that is stacked 10 ft above a TH7
>when I want it to turn....Not when IT wants to turn!!
>
>   Looking at the Create RC5B-3  and  the Orion 2800P.....This will
>also mount in a top section of Rohn 25....

Hi, Rich.

I have no info on the Create, but I have an Orion P2800 to turn a 402CD 12
feet above my TH11 (with an M2 6M7 between them).  The Orion is one strong
rotor(!) and very well made.

I was talking with Rod W7CY about this not too long ago and he was also
thinking about the Create vs. Orion.  I THINK he said there were some
concerns with Create.  Not the rotors, themselves, but perhaps with
availability or service, I'm not sure which.  In any case, he just bought
an Orion.

Good luck and let me know if you need some dumb brawn when the time comes.  :)

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/