[TowerTalk] More Antenna Modeling info

Steve Zettel zettel@homer.libby.org
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 12:10:32 -0700

To all expressing an interest about sharing information, expertise, and
models for antenna modelling software/antenna design, we have a couple of

qth.com has an existing antenna reflector as copied below:

>[Last updated on: Sat Aug 23  1:12:34 1997]
>Antennas is a mailing list (reflector) devoted to
>discussing, comparing, evaluating, designing, and
>constructing antennas (aerials) of all types,
>especially for amateur radio, SWL, scanning, and
>monitoring.
>
> * Design and Evaluation
> * Modeling, Optimizing
> * Analysis Software
> * MF, HF, VHF, UHF, SHF
> * Construction Projects
> * Anything Else Antenna Related

>Antennas is sponsored by Al Waller K3TKJ and routine administrivia
>is handled by me (k7on@qsl.net). Enjoy.
>
>73, Brian k7on@qsl.net

I just now successfully subscribed, so I don't know how use this particular
forum is for our purposes, how focussed, or what the signal-to-noise ration
might be. Perhaps someone with more experience than I would care to comment.

At Rus Healy's suggestion, I contacted Bill Fisher W4AN about hosting an
antenna modeling reflector at contesting.com. He very graciously assented.

I don't want to rob another reflector of content, or dilute what is going
on at towertalk, topband, etc. Lord knows, I have no aspirations to be "Mr.
Big Deal Reflector Administrator"!

Several folks offered the use of their personal homepages, or pointed out
homepages that have collections of models and/or modeling information.
Regardless of what we do, these would be very good to collect and link for
the benefit of all. IMHO, anyone who doesn't have LB Cebik's site
prominently bookmarked is missing one of the primo sources of information
regarding all things antenna -- I know there are many more out there.

Post your opinions to me, and I'll summarize to the group.

Thanks,

Steve Zettel  KJ7CH
near Libby, MT USA