[TowerTalk] masts as verticals

Frank T. Brady ftbrady@earthlink.net
Sat, 3 Jan 1998 10:57:39 -0800 (PST)

Gang,

 Does anyone know an insulator source that is strong enough and small enough
to act as an insulating coupler between two pipes?

 I'm looking at using my old 44ft telescoping masts as ELEVATED verticals
(extended only 32 feet) by setting them on a pipe base a few feet tall with
the insulator between them.  I'm pretty sold on the reduction in radial
requirements provided by elevated verticals.

 The only thing I've looked into is scrap acrylic/lucite pieces glued
together - but I'm not sure it would be strong enough.  It's expensive to
have a solid piece turned into a shape with a flat insulating section with a
rounded protrusion in the center of each side to stick into the pipe and mast.

73s,
 Frank T. Brady - W0ECS
 Wildomar CA