[TowerTalk] 2 meter quandry

Scott Neader KA9FOX neader@centuryinter.net
Sun, 04 Jan 1998 22:48:54 -0600

I have a Cushcraft 13 ele 'boomer' 2 meter beam that I planned to put on
the top of my mast.  I don't have an all mode rig YET, but am considering
one.  So, do I:

1) mount it horizontally and live with having less range for repeaters?

2) mount it horizontally and also mount a 2 meter vertical above it? (I
have a spare G6 available)

3) buy one of those new Cushcraft A148-20T two meter antennas that have ten
vertical elements and ten horizontal elements with separate feedlines (see
http://www.cushcraft.com/%20Ham/index51.html - $110.00)

4) find some contraption that turns my boomer horizontal OR vertical
(wouldn't that be neat!)

Thoughts??

73 - Scott KA9FOX
INTERNET SOLUTIONS - Affordable web page design and storage
Scott Neader (608)788-1234 / FAX (608)787-0100 / neader@QTH.com
3323 South 29th Street, La Crosse, WI  54601
KA9FOX Contesting and DXing Site: http://www.QTH.com/KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads:  http://www.QTH.com