[TowerTalk] erection

Richard Thorne rthorne@arn.net
Tue, 06 Jan 1998 18:37:38 -0600

Bruce:

I attached a 10' section to my concrete base.  I then used some cheap
Radioshack guywire and turnbuckles to guy the top section to trees and/or
stakes in the ground.  I used a level on all three legs to ensure the section
was straight.

Make sure you tighten the guys well so theres no chance that the base will move
when the concrete is poured.

GL

Bruce Makas wrote:

> Does anyone have any simple trick they use to keep the first tower section
> vertical when the concrete is poured. I will put a form around the top of
> the hole so that the top of the concrete will be above the ground and I can
> crown the surface for water run-off but when I try and think of a simple
> way to brace the bottom section, I go brain dead. Any ideas?
>
> 73,  Bruce Makas, K1MY
>      Cape Elizabeth, Maine
>      207/767-8150
>
> --
> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (ex KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX