[TowerTalk] Telrex TB5EM (Phenolic Insulators)

T A RUSSELL n4kg@juno.com
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 06:04:32 -0600

Telrex called the insulating material "MICARTA" which is a high grade
phenolic.  It is often carried by plastics suppliers.   I  cannot locate
my
old AIN  Plastics catalog which listed various diameters and thicknesses
of available cylindrical tubes.  Other possibilities would be nylon and
plexiglass.  Of course you would need to determine the breaking strength
and uV sensitivity of these materials.  Perhaps N6BT may be able to
provide some assistance.  Be prepared to open your wallet, these
materials can be costly.   Look in your yellow pages under PLASTICS.

73,  Tom  N4KG