[TowerTalk] Phased vertical feed??

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:57:03 -0500 (EST)

> 1/4 wave spacing with 90 degree phasing: 3 db gain- very good F/B
> 1/4 wave spacing with 135 degree phasing: 4.9 db gain-little less F/B
> 1/4 wave spacing with 180 degree phasing: 4.3 db gain-onmi directional

Interesting note Tom.  Thank you.

In regards to 80M I would strongly consider F/B as the most important
attribute depending on QTH.  On 80, I find that if I can hear them, they
can hear me.  Even before the 4-square was a 4-square (one vertical), the
problem was hearing.  My 4-square out hears a 1000'+ beverage to Europe
90% of the time.

However, if I were in Seattle... I would do everything for gain.  It's
quiet in Seattle.  When the band is open to Europe, there's nobody behind
you.  When the band is open to JA, there's nobody behind you (closed).

73

Bill, W4AN