[TowerTalk] Cable replacement on Glenn Martin Towers

Bill Hinkle kb3aug@juno.com
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 22:48:20 -0500

Brian, Don't know if you'll like this idea or not but, when we put new
cable on the 30 ton overhead cranes at work we droped 1 of the 2 dead
ends down and welded the new cable to the old and ran the crane to pull
it all in. We then took the welder and turned it up and cut the old cable
off. Never had a failure!
                                      Hope this helps. 73, Bill KB3AUG

 Riverton, WV