[TowerTalk] Which Multiband Vertical is best?

blakecl@ix.netcom.com blakecl@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:40:34 -0800

Hey folks,
I know this isn't the most exciting subject, but my club wants to install
a multiband 160-10 vertical for multiplier hunting during contests. The
antenna would be install on top of our office building at about 25
feet (some metal in the roof). Anyone out there actually ever compare
REAL performance of verticals such as Hustler, HyGain, Butternut, Gap,
KLM, Cushcraft (or dare I say Gotham)?  SWR problems?  Mechanical
reliability and longevity in high winds?  Noise immunity?  Power handling
capability?
Thanks in advance for the help.

73,
Chris, N4FZ