[TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

Bruce Makas k1my@nlis.net
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 17:09:55 -0500

I intend to stack 3 mono banders on a rotating tower so I must contend with
the guy wires at several heights. My question is what is more important,
the absolute height above ground or the spacing between the antennas?

For example, ideally I would like to go 1.0 wavelength, 1.5 and 2.0 but at
1.5 one of the guys interferes. One choice is to move the entire stack of
mono's up 7 feet and maintain the 0.5 wavelength separation between them
but lose the 1.0 above ground for the bottom one. The other choice of
course is 1.0 wavelength, 1.5 plus 7 feet and 2.0.

What is best and how critical is the exact distances +/- inches or +/-
fractions of an inch?

73,  Bruce Makas, K1MY
     Cape Elizabeth, Maine
     207/767-8150