[TowerTalk] FIlters

Bill Fisher - W4AN w4an@contesting.com
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 14:55:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, John Kjos wrote:

> This is somewhat related to the reflector.The 5BA antenna that I am
> putting up has three feedlines to it.I want to be able to utilize it
> fully so I am planning on using two combination Bandpass filters on the
> two rigs I will be using.I have been looking at the Dunestar 600 and the
> ICE model 419.Any thoughts on the two?Thank you,John

Hi John.  I have the Dunestar filters and they work very well as I am
sure do the ICE.  Both companies are FB in my experience.  Especially
lately.

However, I rarely find the need for my Dunestar filters.  The best thing
I ever did was install multiple stubs on each band.  You can look through
the reflector archives or use the search engine to get more information
on stubs.  W0UN and others have already given us a lot of useful
information on the subject.

73

Bill, W4AN