[TowerTalk] RF chokes

Chuck dietz@texas.net
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 18:39:34 -0600

-I have had many antenna relay boxes on my towers which were all homebrew since
the first and only commercial one I had.  I have never used caps or chokes and
they have all performed admirably.  (However, I will probably put caps across
the leads of my next box.)

One note though, I use 12v relays and put 24v on the line at the shack.  I have
tested the relays with just a short lead to them and there were no failures
using 24v.  You will get more positive switching and will not worry about line
loss to the relays.

Chuck, KZ5MM