[TowerTalk] Re: Filters

Martin Ellis jmellis@ihug.co.nz
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 12:47:02 +1300

Help!
I am enlightened by all the technical postings, but now I confess
the need for help:

L.B. Cebik W4RNL said:
> Easy way to remember which trap does what with 1/4 wl:
> the impedance at the connection end is opposite the impedance
> at the far end.  Short = zero ohms, hence connection
> end = high Z--good for a series filter connection for the
> frequency to be nulled.

As there statements are difficult to reconcile, could someone
please give an account of a two transceiver station
where the run TX is on 14MHz and the multiplier TX is on 28MHz:

(a) What stubs/filters would you place between the 14MHz
transciever and the amp; or after the 14 MHz amplifier?

(b) What stubs/filters would you place between the 28MH
transciever and the amp; or after the 28 MHz amplifier?

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ