[TowerTalk] Managing information

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 18:12:51 -0700

At 4:35 AM -0700 6/30/98, Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Hubert Gabler wrote:
>
>> As a newcomer to the towertalk reflector I have a question to the elmers:
>> How do you cope with this giant flood of (often) valuable information? I
>
>You dont.  We do.
>
>http://www.contesting.com/_towertalk/
>
>All of the messages ever posted here.
>
>http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm
>
>Search engine to search through these archives.

Unfortunately, there is a major limitation in the archive search engine.
It can only search on message Subject, not message text.

It is common for a thread to drift onto other topics, yet retain the
original Subject.  Unfortunately, the new topic cannot be located by the
search engine because the Subject no longer reflects it.

If I am wrong, I would love to find out about it!

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/