[TowerTalk] HF mobile antennas

bob puharic wf3h@enter.net
Thu, 02 Jul 1998 03:46:08 +0000

W7XU Arliss wrote:

> Sorry if I'm a bit off topic with this, but  does anyone out there
> have any comments they would like to share regarding High
> Sierra antennas, or other screwdriver type antennas?
>
> Thanks & 73,
> Arliss  W7XU

Hi arliss,

I have a BB3 screwdriver. it works fine for dx from the car. but
mechanically its been a problem. they've had numerous QC problems...mine
went thru 4 matching coils before they sent me one that worked, and a
buddy of mine had the screwdriver mechanism lock up...they found that
when they relocated they forgot to tell the new workers that they had to
take the locking pin out of the screwdriver mechanism!!