[TowerTalk] The Correct Spec

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 15:56:28 EDT

In a message dated 98-07-05 15:41:17 EDT, n3rr@erols.com writes:

> Everyone who owns or is contemplating installing a steel
>  tower should read and
>  have this book on their bookshelf.

    While Bill is right about this being a valuable resource, I would argue
that the $95 might be a real discretionary investment. The TIA-222 is an
engineering standard and does not contain much practical information that
isn't available much cheaper from either TowerTalk or the archives or from the
Rohn catalog. OTOH if you're an engineering-type who is actually doing the
calculations for an installation, then this would prove to be valuable. Most
TowerTalkians are on the non-engineering side of things - me included.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC