No subject

W9JA Paul Hellenberg w9ja@contesting.com
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 09:42:03 -0500

--=====================_3429406==_

Hello All

I am getting to the end game of a hassle with the local zoning/neighbor=20
surrounding the replacement of one of my 170' towers last July.=20

What happened was almost 60 days after I replaced my 15M tower, I was issued
a citation for installing the tower without a permit. During the last 10
months
I have had lawyer and several P.E.'s working to get all the ducks in a row. =
=20
Last week I was issued permits.  I only have one mod that needs to be made=
the
guy post's.  Hopefully that should be done and inspected this week.

At times I was ready to through in the towel and quit however I persevered.=
 My
advice
is to listen to the legal help, don't give up.=20

BTW I do not live in a subdivision but near many.

I would like to thank the following for assistance.  K1VR, K5IU, W9WU, WE9V
and
others..

In a related article.  From the 7-7-1998 Journal Times Racine WI.

I am in the "Town of MT Pleasant".

-----------
Panel Oks permit for communications tower

BY CHRISTOPHER PFAU
Journal Times
_____________________

        IVES GROVE  --  The Racine County Planning and Development Committee
approved the conditional use permit for a 470-foot communications tower in
Mount Pleasant on a split vote Monday night.

        The tower is planned for a wooded area at 5010 Wood Road, near=
 Highway
KR.

        Early this year, Tower Sites Inc., which plans to build the tower,=
 has
withdrawn its request from the committee for the conditional use permit. =
 The
company had said then that it didn't need the county to approve the permit=
build the tower.

        However, the permit was brought up before the committee again after=
recent request by the company.

        Mount Pleasant officials had previously voted against allowing the
construction of the tower.  But a federal judge ruled against the town's
decision after Tower Sites asked that the town's vote be over-ruled.

        On Monday, the Planning and Development Committee's staff=
 recommended
that the panel approve the conditional use permit.

        County Planning Manager Frank A. Risler said the staff's decision=
 was
affected by a 1996 federal statue on communications towers and the federal
judge's ruling.  The company could have built the tower without the permit.

        "Bottom line is, we thought we would have little chance of=
 sustaining
denial=85," Risler said after the meeting.  "By approving, with conditions,=
 we
can =85 work toward protecting the area as much as we can."

        The company has said the tower is needed so antennas and other
equipment
can be put on it for cellular telephones, pagers and radio dispatches.

        Most of the about 50 people attending the committee meeting Monday
appeared to be there because the tower was on the agenda.

        After holding hearings on the matter in March, when residents
complained
that the tower would lower property values, the committee had tabled the
company's request for the permit.

        Company officials, who have attended public hearings, have said the
tower will not lower property values.

D1BhdWwgSGVsbGVuYnVyZwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Paul J Hellenberg W9JA ex KS9K Tru Line Lithographing Inc.
PO BOX  565      7900 Durand Av., Sturtevant WI 53177-0565
414 554 7300 -125    Fax 414 554 8217    Home 414 554 9170
http://www.contesting.com/Tours/W9JA/w9jahome.htm