[TowerTalk] Re: Resonance & Measuring Devices

Bill Snider k6km@cncnet.com
Tue, 07 Jul 1998 18:46:08 -0700

DavidC wrote:

> I intend to run 75 ohm catv cable from the foundation of the house to the
> tower base and up to near tower-top.  The cable will terminate at an
> Ameritron remote switch at the tower.  Then I will use short runs of
> flexible cable (probably 50 ohm) to connect to the two beam and two wire
> antennas (I also intend to do the same at the shack at the other end).
>
> What matching and/or misreading issues might I face, if any?  Should I run
> 75 ohm flexible cable at both extremes?

David, you might consider putting a 50/75 ohm transformer at each end of the
75 ohm cable. ICE makes 'em, probably others as well.

The Ameritron switch will be part of the 50 ohm system, and you can use
50 ohm cables from the switch to your antennas.

It works for me and my Z-sensitive Alpha 87A.

73 de Bill