[TowerTalk] Orion 2800 Upgrades....

Rich Hallman N7TR N7TR@RNODX.ORG
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 19:54:00 -0700

  I just received this message from M2'd about the new upgrade they will be offering on the Orion 2800 Rotor.....

  I asked if they would do an upgrade on my two month old rotor I haven't installed yet.  Since this is a problem in MOIST weather, I think I should be safe since here in Nevada its FAR from Moist and WET!!

   Thanks for the reply from the boys at M2'd.....

Dear Rich,

The falsing problem occurs when water sits inside the connector or wire, and
when poor installation of wiring causes an ac coupling to the sensing wires.
We have fixed 90 % of the problems, and of course there are the customer that
have not been able to solve their specific problem, in their specific
location.

We are working towards a new DC motor for the positioner. But we have not
implemented them yet.  We believe with the new motors this will cause all of
the sensing problems that we have seen at customers sights, to go away.  We
will be offering a upgrade of the new DC motor and upgrade of the RC2800P
controller in the next coming months.  We are looking at an upgrade cost
between $ 399.00-$499.00.

Just back with us in the next couple of months for the new motors.

Best Regards,

Wyatt G. Lyzenga
Sales Manager

73   Rich  N7TR

    Richard Hallman  N7TR            N7TR@RNODX.ORG
    11870 Heartpine St
    Reno NV  89506                   EX: KI3V, HL9RH
    702 677-1106                         A92FN, N3AMK