Re[2]: [TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit

sbest@cushcraft.com sbest@cushcraft.com
Fri, 10 Jul 98 12:27:22

     To Will, Terry and the entire TowerTalk group:

     As President of Cushcraft, I try to avoid getting into all of the day
     to day details of things such as the content of our instruction
     manuals and web page.  I do this for two reasons - one is to let
     people excel to the best of there abilities and the other is not to
     force my opinions on them.  I quite simply did not realize that we had
     formally announced a 2 element kit to this extent.

     I also don't want to start blaming Art for everything bad that had
     happened in the past because he did a lot of great things for
     Cushcraft.  He was solely responsible for the manual and web page
     content, however, I still stand behind my statement in the last
     message:

     "These statements were made by Art without him or the rest of our
     organization being sure that a two element kit would work. I suspect
     Art had meant that a two element add on kit was our design goal rather
     than it being a promise."

     I also stand behind the following statements:

     "As far as the X940 being only a single element - our engineering
     effort was lead by Danny (T93M) who designed both the X7 and the X9.
     He tried to implement a two element solution but it was not
     significantly better than a single element and it degraded the X9
     performance on the other bands.  We were not willing to make the
     performance sacrifice on the other bands and we were not willing to
     provide an inferior two element solution.

     Had we implemented an inferior two element solution, most users in the
     amateur community may have never noticed.  However, that's not the way
     Cushcraft operates - period."

     Feedback is always welcome and appreciated.  I will deal with any
     comments this community has to offer fairly and with honesty.

     73
     Steve Best
     President
     Cushcraft Corporation