Re[2]: [TowerTalk] X9 40m add on kit

Dave Bernstein dhb@mediaone.net
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 02:24:30 -0400

>      To Will, Terry and the entire TowerTalk group:
>
>      As President of Cushcraft, I try to avoid getting into all of the day
>      to day details of things such as the content of our instruction
>      manuals and web page.

Translation: Don't trust anything we put in writing.

>      I do this for two reasons - one is to let
>      people excel to the best of there abilities and the other is not to
>      force my opinions on them.

Translation: I am not responsible for the quality of my company's products.

>	 I quite simply did not realize that we had
>      formally announced a 2 element kit to this extent.

Translation: I don't check the facts before making public statements.

>      I also don't want to start blaming Art for everything bad that had
>      happened in the past because he did a lot of great things for
>      Cushcraft.

Translation: I'm going to wait a full sentence before blaming Art for this.

>      He was solely responsible for the manual and web page
>      content

Translation: It was all Art's fault.

>	 , however, I still stand behind my statement in the last
>      message:

Translation: I am never wrong.

>      "These statements were made by Art without him or the rest of our
>      organization being sure that a two element kit would work. I suspect
>      Art had meant that a two element add on kit was our design
>      goal rather than it being a promise."

Translation: We assume that our customers are telepathic.

>      I also stand behind the following statements:
>
>      "As far as the X940 being only a single element - our engineering
>      effort was lead by Danny (T93M) who designed both the X7 and the X9.
>      He tried to implement a two element solution but it was not
>      significantly better than a single element and it degraded the X9
>      performance on the other bands.  We were not willing to make the
>      performance sacrifice on the other bands and we were not willing to
>      provide an inferior two element solution.

Translation: You should have modeled our design before placing your order.

>      Had we implemented an inferior two element solution, most users in
the
>      amateur community may have never noticed.

Translation: Our customers are ignorant and never discuss antennas with each
other.

>      However, that's not the way Cushcraft operates - period."

Translation: Just because our competitors can make 2 elements work well
doesn't mean we can.

>      Feedback is always welcome and appreciated.  I will deal with any
>      comments this community has to offer fairly and with honesty.

Translation: As exemplified by this letter.

>      73
>      Steve Best
>      President
>      Cushcraft Corporation

I assume that the original message was a prank or a spoof, but just could
not resist annotating it. Someone out there has a great sense of humor...

     Dave, AA6YQ