[TowerTalk] contesting

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 16:25:59 -0700

Hi All.
     I have been reading with interest the IARU scores on 3830.  Sounds
like things are looking up a bit propagation wise.
     In looking over the station and antenna layouts, I sometimes wonder
who has the most fun in a contest, the guy with stacks on all bands and
2 or 3 radios, or the guy with the longwire and Carolina Windom or trap
vertical.  Seems like there are some pretty good scores out there with
some pretty basic stations and antennas.  I'm sure the guy with the
Windom gets a lot more thrill working a ZL on 40 than the guy with 4
over 4 over 4.  I have to hand it to some of these guys, they get a lot
of contacts per DB.  73
Tom W7WHY